This is a question that is often asked as many students are looking for the one way to pronounce a word. Please know that there are many English accents and most of the time they are not wrong. Students should listen to many different English speakers so that the student can develop good listening skills. We suggest that the student listen to words and then practice the pronunciation by using a recorder ( telephone recorder will do). Then practice pronunciation and listen until they feel comfortable. Again practice practice practice.
There are many ways to learn English. However there are some things that a student must do to learn English.
- Students should develop regular time for studying even if it is only 15 minutes each day
- Students should read English books or articles to increase their vocabulary. It does not matter which books, just read read read.
- Use a dictionary or translator for new words but do not just translate but use in sentences to make sure that you understand the meaning and use of the word.
- We encourage students to practice their English whenever possible. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, That is the only way to learn.
- Watch English movies and cartoons and try to listen for specific words